Legislative Public Hearings
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 | 7:15pm
Albany County Courthouse, 2nd Floor
Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearings will be held on
- Proposed Local Law No. “F” for 2016 – Amending various provisions of the Charter and Local Law No. 8 relating to the number Of Legislative Districts
- Proposed Local Law No. “G” for 2016 – Amending Section 207 of the Albany County Charter and Local Law No. 8 for 1993 relating to Commissions on Reapportionment
- Proposed Local Law No. “H” for 2016 – Amending various provisions of the Charter and Local Law No. 8 for 1993 for the purpose of incorporating the Probation Department and the Board of Elections into the Albany County Charter
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.