Legislative Public Hearings
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- Public Hearing on the proposed Legislative Additions and/or deletions to the 2016 Tentative Annual Budget
- Proposed Local Law “O” for 2015 - Prohibiting the sale of cigarettes, tobacco products, liquid nicotine, or electronic cigarettes to minors and young adults
- Proposed Local Law “P” for 2015 - Amending a Local Law to protect infants and children from harmful health effects of unnecessary exposure to toxic chemicals in Albany County
- Amending the Albany County Capital Program for 2016
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- Public Hearing on proposed Local Law No. “A” for 2015 – A Local Law to be known as the “Stop Pay to Play Local Law”.
- Public Hearing on proposed Local Law No. “Q” for 2015 – Banning the Use or Operation of Drones in Albany County by Non-Government Agents
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.