Albany County Timeline
||Population of Albany County reaches 294,565.
||The September 11 attacks change the nation's way of life, adds more visible security, especially at government buildings.
Albany County Hall of Records (ACHOR) moves from 250 South Pearl Street to 95 Tivoli
The State University of New York at Albany (SUNY-Albany) establishes its world leading School of Nanotechnology.
Train Station opens a new terminal.
|| Albany is awarded All-American City by The National Civic League.
- Kimball, Francis P. Knickerbocker News, September 18, 1959
- Internet Time Line for Albany, NY
- Hislop, Codman Albany: Dutch, English, and American, The Argus
Press, Publishers, Albany, New York, 1936.
- McEneny, John J. Albany, Capital City on the Hudson, An Illustrated
History, c. 2006 (with special material, “Albany Time Line,” by Robert
W. Arnold III)
- Roseberry, C. R. Albany: Three Centuries A County, The Argus
Press, Publishers, Albany, New York, 1983.