You can submit a nomination by regular mail (an online form will available again soon). A mailed resume must support the following requirements, and be accompanied by documentation:
- The nominee must be a deceased veteran with ties to Albany County. The veteran must have lived most of his or her life in Albany County and must have been a county resident at the time of death. The family must currently reside within Albany County. Please have any necessary documents available for committee, such as a death notice for the veteran, something showing his or her connection to Albany County and proof of residency for the family.
- The veteran must have been honorably discharged. Please have a copy of DD-214 available to submit to the committee.
- Please list any campaigns, battles or other actions he or she participated in.
- Be sure to mention any medals, awards, citations and so forth the veteran received.
- Please provide a brief history of the nominee's service. Include any locations, dates and other relevant information.
- Please tell us the nominee's rank and service number (should be with DD-214).
- Tell us about the veteran's civilian service, if appropriate (include all community activities and service, as well as any participation in organizations and memberships).
- Be sure to include a telephone number of the primary family member so we can contact the family.
- IMPORTANT! Please submit a copy of the nominee's obituary along with your nomination.
Please mail all nominating resumes to:
Charles Burkes, Director
Albany County Veterans Service Bureau
112 State Street, Room 900
Albany, New York 12207