Employment for Seniors 55 and Older
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR "SECOND CAREERS" REFERRAL SERVICE
Senior Community Services Employment Program
The Senior Community Services Employment Program has been deemed a program of excellence by the New York State Office for the Aging. The program matches mature workers with local employment opportunities that offer part-time on-the-job training positions to qualified individuals who are looking for:
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities to gain new job skills
- Personal and professional growth
- Chances to work with others
- Training in a supportive environment
To help you re-enter the work force, the employment program staff will:
- Review basic job search skills and guidelines for the workplace
- Provide on-the-job-training
- Assist in upgrading your skills
- Value your years of experience
To qualify for the Senior Community Services Employment Program, a federally subsidized job training program, you must:
- Be 55 years or better; and
- Meet federal low income guidelines; and
- Be a resident of Albany County.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the Albany County Department for Aging Employment Unit at (518) 447-7184 or (518) 447-7185. This project is authorized under Title V of the Older Americans Act and funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor through the National Council on Aging, Inc. and the New York State Office for Aging. Albany County is an equal opportunity employer.
Seniors who don't qualify for the Senior Community Services Employment Program can still get help from Second Careers.
Second Careers is a free employment referral service for seniors, 55 years and older, who do not qualify for the means tested Senior Community Service Employment Program.
This program strives to assist the placement of seniors in paid full time or part-time positions.
Call the Albany County Department for Aging Employment Unit at (518) 447-7184 or 7185 for more information.