Legislative Public Hearings
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday March 24th
- Resolution No. 125 “PUBLIC HEARING TO ENCOURAGE AND SEEK PUBLIC INPUT ON A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FOR USES THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY OF ALBANY”
- Resolution No. 127 Local Law “D” “Disposal of Waste Associated With Oil and Natural Gas Exploration and Extraction and Storage Activities in Solid Waste Management Facilities”