Legislative Public Hearings
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
September 23, 2014
- Public Hearing on proposed Local Law “D” for 2014 – A Local Law relating to the disposal of waste associated with natural gas exploration and extraction activities in solid waste management facilities
- Public Hearing on proposed Local Law “I” for 2014 – A Local Law enacting a Mortgage Recording Tax pursuant to Section 253-p of the Tax Law of the State of NY
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.