September 10, 2015
EXTENDED HOURS FOR ABSENTEE BALLOTS
Saturday, September 5: 9:00am–1:00pm
Tuesday, September 8: 4:30–7:00pm
Board of Elections
The Albany County Board of Elections was established and is mandated by Section 3-200 of the New York State Election Law. The Board’s operations are supervised by two Commissioners, each representing one of the two major political parties in New York State. Commissioners are nominated by majority vote of the County Committees of their respective political parties and are confirmed by vote of the County Legislature. Section 3-300 of the New York State Election Law requires equal representation of the two major political parties in the appointment of Board employees.
What we do:
- Support and oversee election operations for both primary and general elections.
- Support school board, fire district, village and special elections throughout Albany County.
- Promote and oversee the registration of eligible voters within Albany County and provide registration assistance to eligible voters outside the County.
- Review registrations to ensure that voters’ addresses reflect actual residency.
- Conduct annual seminars and examinations, as required by law, related to election procedures and technology for approximately 1,400 election inspectors and ballot clerks.
- Provide informational support to candidates, political units, public entities and the general public.
Albany County Board of Elections
Hours of Operation: 8:30am–4:30pm